Did FedEx just deliver your Premium Kit? YAY!!!
Are you wondering how to start using Young Living oils?
1. Start by reading this short 100+ Uses ebook.
2. Purchase a Reference book and a few good “how-to” books I recommend you purchse the following, as time and budget allow. It will be SO helpful to know what oils or products to use when you need them! These are not a referral links, just so you know!
In the beginning, you will question yourself and what oils to use. It is great to have a guide. After you become more familiar with the oils the reference book is good to direct other people to. Let the book be the expert and refer to the book for suggestions for others. (My favorite is the one EODR from Life Science)
A few additional books to consider in addition to your Reference book:
- “Gentle Babies” by Debra Raybern is essential for knowing what is safe for pregnant moms, babies and children. It is great to have if you are a mom or will be talking with lots of moms. Questions about oil safety are asked a lot by those that are pregnant and those that have small children.
- “Healing Oils of the Bible” by Dr David Stewart is one of my favorite books for a historical and biblical reference on the oils. As a Christian, I LOVE this book. It shows that the oils are not some new age medicine—but God’s medicine! If you would like to teach a bible class on the oils there is an outline and handout that you can use in this book.
- A good basic book for beginning your essential oils journey: “Living Balanced” by Stacey Kimbrall.
- Women’s Hormone Health: “Taming the Dragon Within” by LeAnne Deardeuff
- Digestive Health: “Inner Transformations” by LeAnne Deardeuff
3. Learn online
Just start using the oils, the more you use them, the more you get a feel for how to use them. Doesn’t make sense when you first start—but it will! As a rule of thumb, my experience shows that there are 3 keys to using natural products, so when I apply essential oils, I use these 3 concepts:
- Early–the earlier you begin to apply the oils after the first symptom, the better (I apply thieves to the bottom of my kids feet at the first sign of crankiness unrelated to hunger or tiredness)
- Enough–oils are powerful and often just 1 drop can do the trick. But sometimes, you’ll need a bit more, so don’t be afraid to use more. Many times the oils don’t appear to be working because not enough is used. But start small, then add more if needed. No need to waste these precious drop if not necessary. Also, if more still didn’t appear to work, try a different oil, each of us has a different body chemistry and different oils work on the same issue for different people. For instance, 1 drop of peppermint works really well for a migraine in my grandmother. But my friend rolls Deep Relief (approx. 2-3 drops) onto her neck for her migraines because peppermint wasn’t as effective for her.
- Often–instead of using a pill once to three times daily, natural products work better if used more often. For an acute issue, every 10 minutes is not too much. For other issues, every 2-3 hours. Use your reference guide and research at ylsearch.com for how others have addressed the same issue.
4. Have you loved your starter kit and need to reorder your favorites or ready to try something new? You can reorder through the back office here: www.youngliving.org To earn free oils with the optional Essential Rewards program, read about it here: the benefits of Essential Rewards.
If you have questions, feel free to give me a call or email me, I’m here to help you get started on your oily journey! Also, contact me if you’d like to learn more about how you can get your oils paid for on a monthly basis.
Haven’t ordered your kit? Go Here to learn more